Every once in a while I will come across a meal that will fill up my husband for at least 2 hours. This Alfredo recipe, happens to be that meal. Since he was blessed with a metabolism super models only dream of, he can literally eat six sticks of butter and never gain a pound. The rest of us can take solace in the fact that, because this recipe is so rich, you only need a few bites to full you up. I’m not going to lie. This recipe calls for everything our society says not to eat. Butter, heavy cream, cheese, carbs. So indulge!
Side Notes: Usually we see an alfredo sauce paired with fettuccine noodles, but I didn’t have fettuccine in my pantry, so I opted for medium shells, that way they really scooped up that saucy goodness. Also, you’ll see in the recipe that I throw parmesan rinds into the sauce as it cooks. Along with our risotto recipe, I use the rind of the parmesan in this sauce. It infuses so much flavor and when it “melts” down it creates these yummy clumps of goodness that explode with flavor when you bite into it. Trust me when I say, it’s SO worth throwing these bits of heaven into your freezer for recipes like this!
Chicken and noodles smothered in a rich, silky Alfredo sauce.
- 1 1/2 pints Heavy Cream
- 6T butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Parmesan rinds
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2T vegetable oil
- 1 lb pasta
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F.
- Step 2 In a cast iron skillet add vegetable oil and heat pan on medium high heat.
- Step 3 When the oil is hot add chicken breasts. Season the top side of the chicken with salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and parsley.
- Step 4 Cook chicken for 5-8 minutes a side, or until it’s golden brown. When both sides are golden brown, put the skillet into the oven and cook another 20 minutes or until the middle of the breast temps at 165F.
- Step 5 While the chicken is cooking, bring water to a boil and cook pasta.
- Step 6 Once the pasta is cooked set it aside and start the sauce.
- Step 7 In a large soup pan on medium high heat, melt butter and add garlic.
- Step 8 Saute garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes. DO NOT burn the garlic or it will get bitter.
- Step 9 Add heavy cream and parmesan rinds to the pan.
- Step 10 Bring to a simmer and stir constantly.
- Step 11 Break up the parmesan rinds so they melt a bit.
- Step 12 Turn the sauce down to medium/low heat.
- Step 13 Once the chicken is done, cube it and add it to the sauce.
- Step 14 Stir in grated parmesan.
- Step 15 Add pasta.
- Step 16 Serve and enjoy!