Cheese stuffed anything can make my whole week! Then you add Bacon, holy moly, it’s a total love affair.
Last weekend I was at my friend’s house cooking, just gazing out of her window down onto the whole of LA (the view from her kitchen makes me never want to leave).
I had everything organized, I knew exactly what I was going to make, everything was prepped…and then she turns to me and says, “can you make something with my peppers?” and proceeds to show me a bowl full of freshly picked Jalapeño peppers.
You can’t refuse a host’s request, especially when she presents you with the freshest ingredients to play with! So, I made something up on the spot, and I think it was magic! In fact, I think it was the best dish of the night and it was a total last-minute frenzied creation. Funny how that works?!
These puppies are a total crowd pleaser, like, as in, they were all gone before the party even really was under way. They are the perfect juxtaposition of sweet and savory and spicy and crunchy and soft all in one bite.
You can totally control the heat on these puppies by either scraping out every seed from the peppers, or if you are feeling brave, you can leave a few seeds in. I chose to scrape all seeds out since we had a crowd coming. Leaving the seeds in will defiantly clear up any sinus issues you have! You can also replace the Jalapeño peppers with any other kind of pepper, use whatever you fancy (or have lying around).
Goat Cheese Stuffed Candied Bacon Stuffed Jalapeños
a perfect juxtaposition of sweet, spicy, savory, crunch, and soft
- 6 large Jalapeños
- 6oz goat cheese
- 6 pieces bacon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400′
- Step 2 Wearing gloves, wash jalapeños, cut in half lengthwise and remove stem and seeds (leaving some seeds if you want more heat), arrange halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or tin foil
- Step 3 scoop 1/2oz of goat cheese into each jalapeño half
- Step 4 cut bacon strips in half and wrap each half around the goat cheese stuffed jalapeño
- Step 5 bake in oven for 10 minutes
- Step 6 remove from oven and sprinkle brown sugar on top of all bacon and return to oven for 10 more minutes or until bacon is cooked through and crispy