I’m a firm believer that everyone needs this lemon dessert in their recipe box. It’s so simple to make, and packs so much flavor. It’s simply perfect for spring time! And as an avid chocolate lover, I will choose this dessert over chocolate cake any day. That’s how amazing this thing is!
Since it’s so easy, and simply delicious, I decided to make this dessert for Easter dinner with my husband’s family this year. I threw it together the night before while the kids were getting ready for bed, and by morning time, it was perfectly set. Oh, and funny story. I spent extra time to make sure the layers were even, and that the top layer of whipped cream was perfectly level, and the walnuts were placed just right. This dessert looked picture perfect. Easter dinner took place at Grandma and Grandpa’s cottage on Lake Michigan about 20 minutes away, so I threw some wax paper on top and carefully held the dessert for the car ride over. About 5 minutes into our ride someone decided to rear end us. After making sure the kids and the hubby were all okay, I looked down in my lap, and while the dessert didn’t fly out of the dish, the top layer completely slid off to one side. Thankfully, the car and the dessert were the only permanent marks from the accident. After a good laugh, and slight face lift, we dug in, and it was still soooooo delicious. Give this recipe a try! I’m confident you won’t be disappointed. And I hope everyone else had a happy and safe, fun filled Easter!
Luscious Lemon Dessert
This luscious, light and lemony dessert is perfect for spring time!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts + handful
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Packages of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 Packs Instant Lemon Pudding
- 3 Cups of Milk
- Chopped Walnuts for Garnish
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F.
- Step 2 In a food processor combine flour, butter and 1/2 cup walnuts. Grind until it’s all incorporated.
- Step 3 Add the handful of walnuts and pulse a few times so there are nice chunks of walnuts still seen.
- Step 4 Put mixture into a 9×13 glass dish. Push it together really well.
- Step 5 Bake for 15-20 minutes until there’s a bit of color.
- Step 6 Set crust aside until cool.
- Step 7 In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, add heavy cream and granulated sugar. Start mixer on low, and gradually increase speed to high, beating the cream until it is fully whipped.
- Step 8 Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Step 9 In the same mixing bowl combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat with the paddle attachment until it is smooth.
- Step 10 Gently mix in 1 cup of whipped cream and combine well.
- Step 11 Spread on top of cooled crust.
- Step 12 In a mixing bowl add lemon pudding (making sure it’s instant!) and the cold milk.
- Step 13 Mix together really well.
- Step 14 Pour on top of cream cheese/sugar layer.
- Step 15 Top with a thick layer of whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Step 16 Refrigerate for 4 hours.